Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sweet Stop #SSS149 & SQUIGGLE FLY #10 Challenge

Using a  Cheryl Alger dig called That's One Big Flower..well I DID need an accent for my paper flower!...I followed both the recipe for Squiggle Fly week's challenge AND used a great place to get sketch ideas, the Sweet Stop, for my card layout.  With Squiggle Fly, you needed to use 1. Patterned paper, 2. a paperclip (shaped or otherwise), 3. a flower (any kind) and a Squiggle Fly digi image. I used the horizontal paper band as a "pocket" to slip the insert down at an angle.  The paper accordion flower has a disk with the image painted with copics.  There's a winged butterfly poised on the petals. Materials used: paper (My Mind's Eye & Deja View), Copper clip, ribbon, and assorted buttons(from my stash), stamped sentiment (Stampology), heavy brown cotton lace (JoAnn's), Baker's twine.

The wonderful thing about Sweet Stop challenges is that they like you to be creative with the "suggestions" of placements--like instead of flowers, I used buttons, instead of a circle die cut, I used a paper Flower.  They let your creative side go wild!  Their site has a vast library of very creative sketches in case you ever get stumped! 

12 comments:

  1. Carolyn this is such a pretty card. I love your buttons and the pocket is great for a tag, a note, or even a gift card! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Holley-you gals at Squiggles always make be feel good about my cards!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Great card. Love the pleated paper behind the image. Gives it an extra pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I tried these flowers at V'Day-put some vine ribbon on them and they looked like they were growing!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  3. Very cute. Love the rosette.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in your card! The buttons are beautiful - absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing in the Squigglefly challenge this week!
    SFDT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, thank you for your words of encouragement! It's got all my favs in it, blues/browns/and buttons!
      <>
      Carolyn

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous card! Love the medallion/rosette, the pocket card... the buttons look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind words Monika! Sweet Stop always makes it so easy to do cards-I love the ideas!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  6. Perfect! Just Perfect, I love that color scheme and that adorable flower. Thanks so much for playing along at Squigglefly this week. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holley thanks for the Luv! You're always there to give encouragement!
      Carolyn

      Delete