Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's Square Man! Getting in Shape at Squigglefly!

Folks, this has been a rough week for me as I don't adapt to this many changes at one time...I've been trying to get this card posted to Squigglefly's weekly challenge "Getting in Shape" BUT have been fighting a new computer installation-Holy Cow!!!- my ERGO keyboard doesn't work with this computer-Double HC after 13 years on a curved KB!-My external HD doesn't work in the new puter-AND that's where all my card pictures are stored-TRIPLE HC!!!  I have finally figured a way to maneuver around my ISSUES and join in the fun.

  This week we want to change the basic shape of our cards.  So, to make a card for this week's challenge, create a card in any size EXCEPT A2 (standard 4.25x5.5 rectangle);  How about a square card or something round, something  tall or something made with a diecut?  Surprise US!
I'm using the Cheryl Alger image "Have a Heart Girl" with a spellbinder die cut around the edge on a SQUARE card.  I used a HM flower from cardstock punched layers, moistened with water, and then scrunched until dry. The white core makes a great white edge around the flower. 
Thanks for being patient with me-and please forgive any errors! 

6 comments:

  1. Carolyn I am glad you've found a work around for your issues. I am sure you'll get all the kinks worked out and be whizzing along like a pro on your new pc before too long. I love your sweet card! The little heart background is perfect and I love the die you used to cut the image out. Your sentiment is just the best with this image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for the sweet comments Holly--making cards is the only thing getting me through this change-LOL at least I can turn my back on the puter while I'm working on them!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about all the computer issues Carolyn but your card making is certain in tact! BEAUTIFUL design and coloring! Thanks so much for playing in this week's Squigglefly challenge!
    Darlene
    Squigglefly Challenge Blog DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darlene--card making is the only thing that brings down my stress level!

      Delete
  3. Just lovely Carolyn. Makes me want some heart shaped cookies, that's for sure. Thanks for joining in the contest this week. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything comes together so well coordinated dear - would never you're having computer issues! And such a beautiful handmade flower. I want to make some of these too!

    ReplyDelete