Followers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Themes are budding at Squiggle Fly with Cheryl Alger

This week at Squiggle Fly we all get to show our "Spring Fever" by entering our Spring Theme cards--St. Patrick's Day, Easter, or any General Spring Theme like flowers, gardening...There are lots of wonderful stamps in the store with these topics!
The image I used is from one of my favorite artists at SF, Cheryl Alger and it's called My Favorite Kind of Weather.  I used my chisel tip on my blue copic so that I could "streak" the color and hopefully make it look like planks on a house and so the grass would look like it was mowed.  I added a terrific die cut from Memory Box called Orchard Tree Frame-love love love it!  Actually saw it online on a card, contacted the creator and she gave me the information so that I could purchase it!  The image has some flowers already on it but I've added some extra buttons, minus the shank and a dragonfly and bee.  This just reeks Spring to me-hope you enjoy it!
I'm sending this to Sassy Cheryl's Show-me-Thursday challenge.








3 comments:

  1. Wow Carolyn - great spring themed card! I love the additional flowers and that tree frame die is amazing and goes so well with this image! Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just awesome Carolyn! I love that gorgeous diecut esp with the blue background. Perfect! The image looks wonderful. Great work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm in LOVE with the trees and flowers and of course, the coloring is beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete