Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Squigglefly wants us to "Man Up" with some Masculine Cards

Pretty soon it will be time for Father's Day cards for our loved ones~but the Men in our lives shouldn't wait until THAT special day to be appreciated!  There's always Birthday's, Thinking of You cards, Love you cards that can happen all year long.              


This week at Squigglefly, the team of Holley'sHobbyist's challenged us to come up with a manly card for any reason!  I used a new digital image from Dawn Collins called Mikey Cat and the phrase "cool cat" just came to me!  I chose to give a surprise to the recipient of this card and made the cat a WOBBLE card.  I made a spring out of floral wire and then attached it with 2 1" circles.  Kraft paper, bold blue plaid, some fish tail banners made out of deep brown "pigskin type paper topped with 2 screw head brads made up the main part of my card.  Isn't that fish bone button just the perfect accent for this crazy cat?  I keep on flicking him to make him wobble!  I did some stitching around the edges and created the sentiment online.   Be sure to find some of your Squigglefly images and place your entry to win a choice of SF digital images!!  We'd love to have you join us!

5 comments:

  1. Great work! Perfect for Father's Day. I love that cute cat, nice saying too. Thanks for joining in this week's challenge at Squigglefly. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handsome card. Great colors and layout! Another scraplift project for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn this is just adorable, and you have such great masculine touches! I love the leather look to the flags - and the little screw brads you used! The way you colored the cat is great too - love the little touch of blue you added to him! The fish bone button is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you colored this up so well! I tried it once and couldn't do it very well - now I see where I messed up. Great FD card! Love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete