Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Southern Girls Challenge this week~~Make Believe

 Well, this might be stretching the challenge this week BUT given the gorgeous image from the Etsy Store called Rhoda Design Studio I had to come up with something that fit the bill!

So on this week's challenge at SGC, I am Making Believe that the cool, crisp breezes of FALL are on their way to give us a break from the oppressive heat we are having in Illinois!!!  How's that for a Stretch!  What is even more hilarious is that several of the DT live in New Zealand, Australia, and surrounding areas so when we're in Summertime, they are getting the reverse weather more or less and would probably be thrilled to be a little warmer.

I tried a different card style than I usually make but I'm loving the curved front effect!  This image from Rhoda's Etsy store is called Windy Day Margo and  was such fun to color up with my copics.  She looks Sassy!  The Leaf DP I used on the front is shiny embossed on each leaf-I just loved it when I purchased it! There is a twisted knot of Rust Twill that has Autumn Splendor printed on it and some branch punchies in browns stuck down into the knot.  I have a cream panel in the inside that is stamped with "Thank You".  Could even be as a Hostess card if you were invited to Thanksgiving Dinner somewhere

The challenges at Southern Girls Challenge are every 2 weeks and we get tons of International and Stateside entries.  There are always great prizes and sponsors and the winners are ALL HAND PICKED by the DT--No Random number choices here-I think that makes it even more special, don't you?  We'll hopefully see you there soon!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment