Followers

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Image or Color on Squigglefly's Latest Challenge

 It's that spooky time of the year and Halloween is right around the corner.  Our challenge this week at Squigglefly was to use a pumpkin on your entry (hey, maybe even a pumpkin PIE would count!) OR the pumpkin orange color.  As the "Blood Moon" just made an appearance this morning around here, I chose to make a huge orange moon for my card.  It highlights perfectly the great house image called Haunted House by Carmen Gamble, one of Squiggleflys great artists!  I used a very neat die cut that was furnished by one of my scrapbook friends-I got white, brown and black!  I figure that should just about cover all the seasons!  This blue accent color paper is from The Paper Company called Ecorce, made in France.  It has hard, raised creases that ripple across the paper and I got it in several colors-I'm just fascinated by it!  Maybe you can find this 8.5 x 11 paper in your local HL like I did!
The inside is matted with the same orange paper with the saying "From our House to yours~Happy Halloween" .   


8 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    What a wonderful and fun scene - your DP and full moon are awesome. The haunted house looks too spooky for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I had such fun with the image and colors!!

      Delete
  2. Very cool card Carolyn! I love the huge moon. Your tree is an awesome die too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky, scary, and FUN card for Halloween!! And pretty too! Love the big blood moon!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card this week, Carolyn! Love that spooky house and all the Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - what a cool haunted house - I love your details on this fabulous and scary card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, I really like this card - so spooky and fun. You really set off that wonderfully fun and scary house with the scene you created. LOVE IT!!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete