Followers

Monday, December 8, 2014

Snowman and Embossing-such a perfect duo at Squigglefly!

 I always love to have the chance to use a Snowman on any of my cards!  How can you not love their loveable faces!!  This week at Squigglefly, we are asked to use any embossing or die cuts on our cards!  I used a great embossing folder from Darcie that has lots of Christmas words and snowflakes on it that I did on pristine white cardstock.  I used iridescent stickles on those-how pretty!  Then I used an image called Snowy Card by Marla Shega, a great artist at Squigglefly.  I love her details!  The image is mounted with foam dots with a red sheer ribbon wrapped behind with a bow. The most gorgeous feature on this card, to accent the delicious red on his hat band, is the red velveteen paper from The Paper Studio-it gives the card so much depth!
For the inside of the card, I used a vintage holly paper with a wonderful stamped verse so appropriate for the Christmas season.  Squigglefly has SO many images to use for any reason, any season-You must go check them out in the shop!

9 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    This is one of my fav snowman images ever! Your card is so very pretty and elegant - outside and inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!!!! I love the embossed background and that snowman is one of the cutest I've seen this year. Fantastic card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Usually I find snowmen cards cute, but you have made this one so elegant with the luscious paper and ribbon. I especially like how you glittered up the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Holly-you know me and my love for Marla Shega!!

      Delete
  4. Carolyn, your snowman card is adorable....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card! I love the sweet little snowman!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see you here Dawn! And that you liked my card! Come back anytime please!

      Delete
  6. Love this image and you have done it so wonderfully! I love the size you did it and the star, bow, and embossing are perfect. A truly special card my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete